Guest Editor Agreement
Internationale Zeitschrift für Kulturkomparatistik (IZfK)
§ 1 Subject of the agreement
This agreement regulates the responsibilities between the editors-in-chief and the guest editor(s) relating to the above-mentioned issue of the Online Journal „Internationale Zeitschrift für Kulturkomparatistik“ (IZfK).
§ 2 Responsibilities and rights of the editors-in-chief of IZfK
- Accepted manuscripts will be digitally published in „Internationale Zeitschrift für Kulturkomparatistik“ (IZfK) under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- The editors-in-chief take care of all technical matters in cooperation with the University Library Trier.
- The editors-in-chief can reject individual manuscripts or the issue as a whole with or without giving reasons.
§ 3 Responsibilities of guest editor(s)
- The guest editors are responsible for the content of the above-mentioned issue itself and the manuscripts it comprises. This includes not only securing articles from authors, but also working with authors to make necessary revisions and arranging the review process.
- If and to the extent to which the guest editors are owners of copyrights, the editors-in-chief shall have the right to grant Trier University right of first publication with the issue licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the issue with an acknowledgement of the issue’s authorship and an obligatory mention of its first publication in IZfK.
- The editors-in-chief shall have the right to grant Trier University right to enter into suitable arrangements to ensure the digital preservation of the issue. The guest editors agree that the archiving institution is allowed to share the issue under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License and to modify the material if necessary (e.g. migrate it to a different data format).
- The guest editors deliver the issue in the form of print-ready PDF-files to the editors-in-chief following the detailed instruction on the IZfK homepage [www.izfk.uni-trier.de].
- The final manuscript of each selected paper should include:
- Names of authors, City of their affiliation
- Title of the paper
- A brief English abstract
- English keywords
In separate files:
- Complete addresses and e-mail addresses of authors and guest editors
- Brief biographical notes about authors and guest editors.
- Peer Review Report (in accordance with the Guideline for the “Peer Review and Peer Review Report” available at izfk.uni-trier.de).
- The guest editors ensure that each corresponding author signs a license agreement according to the enclosed sample available at izfk.uni-trier.de. The license agreement must be submitted together with the manuscript.
- The guest editors ensure that all manuscripts conform to IZfK editorial and publication policies as outlined on the IZfK homepage and do not infringe existing copyright or any other third-party rights.
- The guest editors select a review method and reviewers for the submitted papers in accordance with the guidelines available at izfk.uni-trier.de. They handle all aspects of the papers’ review and editorial decisions in an efficient manner. The names of the reviewers as well as the employed review method are documented and submitted to the editors-in-chief as proof of the review process.
- The guest editors ensure delivery of the complete issue and all required documentation within the deadline, agreed upon in writing or by e-mail.
§ 4 Place of jurisdiction and applicable law
- Trier, Germany, shall be the place of jurisdiction for all legal disputes arising of this agreement, provided the guest editor has no ordinary residence in the Federal Republic of Germany.
- German law shall apply exclusively to all legal disputes arising from this agreement.